Monday, September 30, 2013

Messy Monday: How to Clean Your Mattress

I change my linens every Sunday. It's a habit I got into a few years ago & kept. Another habit I try to keep is cleaning my mattress every month. After all, we always hear about how many dust mites live in our mattresses, right? If not, you don't even want to know. Just start cleaning. But I promise you, it's a lot easier than you think.

Please excuse my ugly mattress, it was a gift many years ago. I'm hoping Santa will bring me a new one this year.

As long as you're not cleaning up any stains, simply sprinkling some baking soda while your linens are in the wash will do the trick. (Baking soda will absorb moisture, dirt & odor.)  Just be sure you sweep up the baking soda very slowly, so that you are able to get into all the crevices. If you'd like, you can also add a few drops of your favorite essential oil to the baking soda.

No comments:

Post a Comment