Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Work It Wednesday: Rosebud Perfume Co.

**Disclaimer: I have received products to try from Rosebud Perfume Co. & am simply sharing my personal opinion which may vary from yours. I was not compensated for this review. 
  
I don't know about you, but I'm a huge sucker for lip balms. And Rosebud Perfume Co. has some of the best lip balms that I've ever had the pleasure of trying! 

It all started with "Balsam of Rosebuds" (later changed to Rosebud Salve), a family salve created by Dr. Smith, that could be used for various minor skin irritations. Dr. Smith's Rosebud Salve quickly gained local popularity & within a few years, he had one of the most unique mail order businesses in the United States. And while you can now pick up some Rosebud Salve (along with my favorite lip balms) at your local Sephora, you still get that same great product of yesteryear. 


Smith's Rosebud Salve Tube

I have to say that this is amazing as a lip balm. It leaves my lips silky smooth & has superb moisturizing capabilities. But since it is a salve too, I decided to try it out a couple of other ways also. My favorite is as a spot treatment for dry & rough skin (like my elbows). And Smith's Rosebud Salve makes an amazing base for eyeshadow.


Smith's Strawberry Lip Balm Tube

I've tried a lot of different strawberry lip balms over the years & most taste nothing like strawberry (or even close to it for that matter). But I'm glad to say that this one does. Actually, it reminds me more of Strawberry Shortcake, without all the calories. 
Smith's Mocha (Moka) Rose Lip Balm Tube

if this came freshly brewed in a cup, I would be one happy girl! The mocha vanilla taste is a bit more on the chocolatey side & honestly reminds me of one of my favorite specialty coffee drinks. Now I can treat myself all day & keep my lips moisturized! 
Smith's Minted Rose Lip Balm Tube

This is by far my favorite! The pepperminty zing gives my lips a plumpness that I love (all thanks to the pure peppermint oil). But as an added bonus for me, a dab on my temples helps tremendously with my occasional headaches. Making this a necessity in my purse! 
•All products are gluten free & cruelty free. 
 •Rosebud Salve & Minted Rose Lip Balm are vegan friendly. 
•Strawberry Lip Balm & Mocha Rose Lip Balm contain natural beeswax.
•Lip balms are heat sensitive & Petrolatum based. 
 Keep up with the latest from Rosebud Perfume Co. on Facebook.

24 comments:

  1. I am just like you - I am obsessed with lip balms. Especially this time of year when my lips are always chapped.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that these products have such a rich line of lip balms. I love carrying them in my purse and applying them throughout the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to be completely addicted to the Lip Smucker's lip balm. Then I found it was because they put a chemical in it that makes you addicted to. Hardest addiction to break ever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you had me at lip balm! Please feed my addiction, because I have a serious lip balm addiction. I want all these flavors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all things lip balm so these sound great to me. I would love to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never heard of this company and their lip balm before. I use one particular brand all the time that I just love. Will love to try this one though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great tip to use it as a base for eye shadow. I never would have thought to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My lips are already horribly chapped and it is not winter yet. I love the balms with peppermint in them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My lips have been so chapped already this year. I would love to try this. I've never heard of them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am addicted to lip balm. My lips stay dry so i always have some with me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I used to use so much lip balm that I should have taken out stock in a lip balm company. You know though... when I don't eat a lot of carbs, I don't have to use as much lip balm. Crazy but true.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is one I have never heard of before. I have a real problem with dry lips and I should probably give this brand a try.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the sound of these lip balms, I always need to keep one close at hand, I need to give one of these a try :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love lip balm. These looks like great products.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Three girls in my house and we go through lip balms like it;s going out of style. Love lip balms. I will look for this brand. Thanks. We are just coming up to the brutal winter season here when everything is dry!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am allergic to lipstick and so I like to have my lip balm handy. I will have to give these a try

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lip balms are my favorite and I'm always willing to try out a good recommendation. I can't wait to get my hands on this!

    ReplyDelete
  18. ohhh I think I would want to try a few of those - seems really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I haven't used a lip balm in years. This sounds convincing enough to try! I've been so disappointed in the past.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've always loved the Rosebud Salve. I'll be happy to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have way to many lip glosses and balms. Bath and Body Works should start a VIP program for me. I've hard good things about the Rosebud Salve. I am interested in the Mocha Vanilla for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I need to try these soon! I get horribly chapped lips even though I drink plenty of water so I always have to apply lip balm.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What interesting products. I would want to try the Mocha (Moka) Rose Lip Balm. I think I would like the smell and feel.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I use lip balms all the time during the winter. I can never seem to get my lips unchapped!

    ReplyDelete