Saturday, June 21, 2014

Snacktastic Saturday: Chunky Monkey "Ice Cream"

I have a huge weakness in the summer months. Well, all year round actually. Ice cream. Give me a spoon & I can kill a pint in about 5 min. or less. So obviously, I had to find a healthier alternative before legally changing my name to Benandjerry.





print recipe

Chunky Monkey "Ice Cream"
Ingredients
  • 2 frozen bananas
  • 1-2Tbsp. walnut butter, or any other kind of desired nut butter
  • 2-3Tbsp. mini chocolate chips
Instructions
Allow frozen bananas to thaw for roughly 10-15 min. This allows them to be just soft enough to easily work with. Using a Yonanas machine or a food processor, carefully pulse bananas until the consistency of soft serve ice cream. Add desired amount of walnut butter & mini chocolate chips. Stir to combine.
Details
Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 



11 comments:

  1. OK, I am really intrigued with using a nut butter to make ice cream...if I could live on ice cream alone...I would be one happy camper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds really good and I have a Yoanas machine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG... this looks fantastic! I soooo shouldn't have opened this one. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks yummy! I would love to make my own ice cream sometime. I have a hand food processor and I'm not sure how well it would work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried the Yonana machine once and it was great! This looks so yummy and healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks delicious!!! And super easy to make! Pinning so I don't lose the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy! Sounds like it is tasty and simple

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't have the yonanas machine but this looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been thinking about getting one of those machines. This sounds really good. Would it do well just in a margarita blender? Great idea and it's frugal too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks so delish! You just made me really hungry for some ice cream!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete