Thursday, January 10, 2013

Cheesy Jalapeno Beer Bread

Let's face it, the title already has you salivating.


How about now? (I'm evil, I know.) Don't worry, I'm still nice enough to share.


You'll need:

2 2/3 C. all purpose flour
2 Tbsp. sugar
2 Tbsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. dried thyme
1/2 tsp. dried dill
1 bottle beer
1/4 heaping C. chopped jalapeno (jarred or fresh) - this can be adjusted to personal preference. I like mine a bit more on the spicy side
1/2 heaping C. shredded cheddar cheese, plus more for garnish
1.4 C. melted butter
nonstick cooking spray


in a large bowl, mix together dry ingredients (first 7) with a wooden spoon.


Add diced jalapenos & shredded cheddar.


Pour in beer & stir until just moist.


Using a rubber spatula, scrape dough from bowl & place in a loaf pan thoroughly coated with cooking spray. You'll need to carefully even out the dough with the spatula.


Pour about 1/2 of the melted butter over top. Place in a preheated 375 degree oven & bake for 45-50 minutes.


See all the jalapeno's & cheese?!


Pour the remaining melted butter over loaf & top with shredded cheddar (as little or as much as you like.) Place pan under broiler for a few minutes until cheese just begins to brown.


Like this.


Carefully trace the outline of the pan with a sharp knife, in order to free your loaf from underneath the broiled cheese. Because if you're anything like me, you put a lot on!

Enjoy!




6 comments:

  1. My hubby would love this! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this looks so good!!! Maybe this weekened.... hummmm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy....I need to omit the beer though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so yummy, I need to bake more

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't like spicey stuff, but i'll take cheesy bread any day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG... I always buy this at the grocery store already pre made of course, but now i can try it myself! Thanks for great review!

    ReplyDelete