Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Tasty Tuesday: Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal

I know the season to eat everything pumpkin is over, but quite frankly, I don't care. This Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal is my new morning obsession. And just in case you couldn't tell, I prefer to add some pecan pieces to mine for a little added crunch. 


Ingredients:

• 1C. milk
• 1C. quick cooking oats
• 1/3C. pumpkin puree
• 1/2tsp. pumpkin pie spice
• 1/4tsp. vanilla extract
• 1/4tsp. maple extract
• 1/4C. brown sugar
• pecan pieces or other tasty toppings, optional

Directions:

• Bring milk to a light boil in a medium sized saucepan & add oats, stirring to combine. 
• Set heat to low & stir in pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla extract, maple extract & brown sugar.
• Remove from heat & place servings in bowls, adding toppings if desired. 

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a tasty recipe. I love pumpkin, especially this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks awesome!!! I love pumpkin pie and oatmeal! The pecan pieces are the cherry on top!

    ReplyDelete