Monday, March 12, 2012

Mile High Bacon Cheeseburger "Pie"

I know you've been here before, "What sounds better for dinner, cheeseburgers or pizza?" (Get it? A pizza pie!) My answer to this dilemma - BOTH!

I had come across a recipe on, yep you guessed it! Pinterest. But seeing as how I never seem to follow a recipe as written, it came out a bit different. But just as a reference, you can take a look at the original recipe here.

Now first let me start with the crust. I found this super simple recipe that did not require an extensive time to make. And as a plus, it tasted good too! But let me add as a disclaimer, that I did not use the cornmeal on mine.

Next step, toppings (at least most of them). Beware of my "measurements".

  • enough pizza sauce to cover to within about an inch of edge of crust
  • 1 lb. hamburger, cooked & crumbled
  • 1 pkg. bacon, cooked & diced (don't forget to drain your meats of grease)
  • pickles (I used sandwich stackers)
  • red onion, thinly sliced
  • shredded mozzarella & cheddar cheeses, almost a whole bag of each....but not quite
Bake at 450 degrees until your cheese is nice & melty. Let your pizza sit for a minute or 2 before slicing. Top each slice with some finely cut lettuce & tomato, then a sprinkle of salt & pepper. Hence the mile high! Sit down & enjoy!

The only thing that I found that may be missing, was a bit of sour cream on the top. I thought of mayo since that's what you would put on a burger, but drew the line at topping my pizza with it. Next time I make this (because there WILL be a next time), I'll be sure to have some sour cream handy to try it out.

Yes, you will probably need a fork too ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment