I had come across a recipe on, yep you guessed it! Pinterest. But seeing as how I never seem to follow a recipe as written, it came out a bit different. But just as a reference, you can take a look at the original recipe here.
Now first let me start with the crust. I found this super simple recipe that did not require an extensive time to make. And as a plus, it tasted good too! But let me add as a disclaimer, that I did not use the cornmeal on mine.
Next step, toppings (at least most of them). Beware of my "measurements".
- enough pizza sauce to cover to within about an inch of edge of crust
- 1 lb. hamburger, cooked & crumbled
- 1 pkg. bacon, cooked & diced (don't forget to drain your meats of grease)
- pickles (I used sandwich stackers)
- red onion, thinly sliced
- shredded mozzarella & cheddar cheeses, almost a whole bag of each....but not quite
The only thing that I found that may be missing, was a bit of sour cream on the top. I thought of mayo since that's what you would put on a burger, but drew the line at topping my pizza with it. Next time I make this (because there WILL be a next time), I'll be sure to have some sour cream handy to try it out.
|Yes, you will probably need a fork too ;-)|