I made some Peppermint Oreo Bark as part of the kids Christmas gifts for their teachers, the librarians, the secretaries in the office & the principals. There was just a little left, and little pieces at that, so we decided to use it as a topper to our hot chocolate. To say that my kids loved it would be putting it mildly. And since I just so happened to have a gazillion mini candy canes left (along with enough chocolate chips and Oreos), we decided to whip up another batch.
• white chocolate chips
• semi-sweet chocolate chips
• Oreo cookies
• mini candy canes
• Line a baking sheet with waxed paper (you can tape the waxed paper down to keep it from moving if you'd like).
• In a microwave-safe bowl heat semi-sweet chocolate chips, in 30 second intervals & stirring after each, until melted & smooth.
• Spread the melted semi-sweet chocolate onto the waxed paper.
• Sprinkle with crushed or chopped Oreo's & refrigerate for 10 minutes.
• In a microwave-safe bowl, heat white chocolate chips, in 30 second intervals & stirring after each, until melted & smooth.
• Carefully spread the melted white chocolate over the Oreo's.
• Sprinkle with crushed mini candy canes & refrigerate for 10 minutes.
• Break into pieces to serve.