Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Tasty Tuesday: Hummus Sandwich

One day while I was walking through the store, something caught my eye. Hummus. But not just any hummus, a limited batch of "Everything" hummus by Tribe. (You know, like the "everything" bagels. Nom nom nom!)


Immediately a craving kicked in. But not your average craving of hummus with veggie slices & pita bread, I wanted a sandwich! What's great about making a hummus sandwich is you can put practically whatever you want on it.

 
 This picture really doesn't do it justice, but that's OK. It's a rather difficult sandwich to eat, let alone cut. But I firmly believe in the saying "The messier, the better", but ONLY when it comes to my food. (In case the hubs reads this & decides to slack on helping around the house, LOL.)

How To:

•specialty bread such as ciabatta or focaccia, toasted (I used a multigrain ciabatta)
•hummus (whichever flavor your little heart desires!)
•sauteed veggies (I used red onion, baby bellas & pepperoncini's. Roasted red peppers are pretty yummy on this too!)
•lettuce & tomato
•drizzle of Italian dressing, if desired (think of it as a mini salad on the sandwich & give the lettuce & tomato a little love.)

•Pile it all together the best way you can think of & grab a napkin! You're going to need it!


A much prettier picture of my sandwich. You can see how much I have stuffed in there! I added some Garlic Parmesan Orzo (a new staple of mine) & some strawberries topped with honey roasted sunflower seeds to round out the perfect lunch...at least once a week. For the simple fact that it would be weird if I ate the same thing every day. Can you tell how much I love it?!

No comments:

Post a Comment