Pizza is probably our main go to meal when I don't really feel like cooking. And while, yes, on occasion we do order out, more often times than not, it's homemade. There's just so many different options when it comes to toppings. But recently I've been experimenting with different crusts too. And what's more experimental than a cauliflower pizza crust?! (You should probably know that it's delicious too.)
|Cauliflower Crust topped with pizza sauce, shredded mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, cubanelle pepper rings, sliced onion & sliced Roma tomatoes.|
•1 head cauliflower
•1/4C. Parmesan cheese
•1/3C. shredded mozzarella cheese
•oregano, basil &/or Italian seasoning (dried)
•salt & black pepper
•desired pizza toppings
- Start by cutting the florets from the head of cauliflower & rinsing under water.
- Working in batches, pulse the cauliflower in a food processor until it resembles a snow-like consistency.
- Place in a medium sized microwave safe bowl, cover with a kitchen towel & cook for 4-5 min.
- Invert cauliflower onto the kitchen towel & allow it to cool 10-15 min.
- When the cauliflower has cooled, gather it up in the towel & wring as much water out of it as you can. If it's too hot, lay it out to cool for an additional 5-10 min.
- Return the cauliflower to the bowl you cooked it in & add the cheeses, flour, egg & desired seasonings. (I go heavy on the garlic, but that's because I love garlic crusts.)
- Preheat the oven to 450º before spreading the crust evenly on a lightly greased pizza pan.
- Bake the crust 8-10 min. or until it's just beginning to brown.
- Remove from the oven, add desired sauce & toppings & bake for another 5-7 min.
- Allow to cool slightly before slicing.
|Cauliflower Pizza Crust!|